Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Nick Cramer Nick Cramer is offline

Default Tennessee barbecue

Barry Bean > wrote:
> Nick Cramer > wrote in
> > Barry Bean > wrote:
> >> Nick Cramer > wrote in

> >> Brisket is great on teh gril. We put a brisket on the grill right
> >> next to the BBQ when we have big parties. When its all ready, people
> >> have their choice of brisket, BBQ, or both. Good eatin!

> > So, when you say, "We put a brisket on the grill right next to the
> > BBQ," do you mean you grill yer BBQ? Do you slice the brisket or grill
> > it whole?

> My BBQ is cooked in a grill. Slowly.

What we have here may well be a failure to communicate. Cooked IN a grill
suggests to me a covered cooking device, which I would call a BBQ or hot
smoker, with an indirect heat source. Cooked ON a grill would suggest to me
cooking on a grate, uncovered, directly over the heat source.

Please clarify for this old man. Thanks.

~Semper Fi~