Posted to alt.food.barbecue
frohe frohe is offline

Default Wood or lump?

ceed wrote:
> So now I wonder when starting using the new one if I should still use
> lump, or if I should get real wood and burn it down to coals? What's
> the normal and/or prefered way of doing it with this kind of smoker?

Hmmm... lump vs wood. They're the same except the lump has the advantage of
bein reduced to charcoal. Lump gets goin sooner and is ready to be added to
the offset when needed. How much to add and when depends on your cookin
method.

Me, myself and I would take the lump over the wood. Rationale: easy to
store, saves the wood for the fireplace.

-frohe
Life's too short to be in a hurry