Posted to talk.politics.animals,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural
dh@. dh@. is offline

Default Are you a goo?

On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 01:07:17 GMT, "nemo" > wrote:

>Eccles: Nope. Iyyyyyy'm not a goo

Excellent choice.

>- I'm a Goon!

Oh well, at least you're not a goo. If you were, then you'd be a
Goon and a goo too.

>Bluebottule: Eyuu are not thee onlee one, Eccules. I am one too!
>
>Eccles: Well I was one B4 you was so that makes me one two, and you, three
>four!! So dere! Hohoho!
>
>Neddie: What, what, what, what, what, what, what, what, what, what, what,
>what, what, what, what, what, what, what??!! What about the rest of us, you
>pair of spotty-faced Herberts?
>
>Omnes: Yerr. Flippin cheek!
>
>Eccles: Oooh. We're spotty-faced Herberts . . . Did you know that Bottule??
>
>Bottule: Well it's better than bein a little tea-stained, crumpet-ridden
>idiot!

Or a goo.

>I'm a little tea-stained, crumpet-ridden idiot! I'm a little
>tea-stained, crumpet-ridden idiot! I'm a little tea-stained, crumpet-ridden
>id . . .

Well at least you're not a goo too.

>Grams: BANG!!!!
>
>Got eem!
>
>Wal: If this is all completely meaningless to you, dear listener, please
>look here . . . .
>
>http://www.thegoonshow.net/
>
>and here . .
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Goon_Show

But look what a moron you would have to admire in order to
be a goo too:

"Dogs NEVER anticipate, nor do cats, or cattle, or
any other animal you've ever encountered." - Goo

"Animals do not experience frustration." - Goo

"No zygotes, animals, people, or any other living thing
benefits from coming into existence. No farm animals
benefit from farming." - Goo

"Causing animals to be born and "get to experience life"
.. . . is no mitigation at all for killing them." - Goo

"the moral harm caused by killing them is greater in magnitude
than ANY benefit they might derive from "decent lives" - Goo

"When considering your food choices ethically, assign
ZERO weight to the morally empty fact that choosing to
eat meat causes animals to be bred into existence." - Goo

"no matter how "decent" the conditions are, the deliberate killing
of the animals erases all of it." - Goo

"I have examined the question at length, and feel
there is only one reasonable conclusion: life, per se,
is not a benefit." - Goo

"Being born is not a benefit in any way. It can't be." - Goo

""giving them life" does NOT mitigate the wrongness of
their deaths" - Goo

"Animals cannot be or feel disappointed." - Goo

"Non human animals experience neither pride nor
disappointment. They don't have the mental ability
to feel either." - Goo

"Darwin, a sentimental person, was projecting. He
saw something that wasn't there. He was, in a way,
hallucinating." - Goo

"The dog didn't do what Darwin said. His statement of
the "changes in behavior" is not reliable." - Goo

"Anticipation requires language." - Goo

"No animals anticipate." - Goo

"Dogs, cats, cattle, almost all animals "lower" than
the great apes have no sense of self." - Goo

"They are not aware that they can see. " - Goo

"They are *not* aware that they can smell." - Goo

"Ranchers . . . have no idea if a steer they raise is
going to be used entirely for human consumption,
entirely for animal consumption, or for some
combination; nor do they care." - Goo

"Cattle are specifically bred into existence to be
pet food. " - Goo

"I'm right about all of it." - Goo
"I can explain myself in logical and coherent terms" - Goo
"my name and reputation are sterling" - Goo
"Why are you laughing at mental illness" - Goo
"I'm not stupid." - Goo
"I know exactly what I think" - Goo
"I educated the public" - Goo
"I haven't made any absurd claims" - Goo
"You have never identified a single lie I've told." - Goo