Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Questions concerning Tea and its benefits

> wrote:
> I did not know however that the
>assamica plant contained more EGCG thats its cousin the sinensis
>plant. I was under the impression that the Assamica plant came after
>the Sinensis plant when the british invaded India as a result of
>china cutting off its trade market back in the 1700's.

It may not be the plant species at all; it may be weather or soil
conditions. This is where things get interesting; if you take a plant
from one place and put it in another place, the tea tastes different and
correspondingly a chemical analysis will be quite different as well.
--scott