Posted to rec.food.cooking
Donald Martinich Donald Martinich is offline

Default fava beans difficulties

In article .com>,
Karen > wrote:

> What is the secret? Do you have to parboil and then skin them again?
> Is there an easy way to do it? And, then what is a simple preparation
> for these things? I think I would like them if I knew how to cook
> them.
>
> thanks in advance,
> Karen

I eat them skins and all. I boil them for a few minutes and then saute
them in olive oil and garlic until the skins break. The skins are a
little tough but I like the crispy character that they take on. If you
want to peel them the larger beans are easier to deal with.

D.M.