Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Y[_2_] Steve Y[_2_] is offline

Default fava beans difficulties

I think it all depends on the freshness of the beans. Very Young and
straight from the garden, you can just depod them and then put in
boiling water for a bit, when they start to deform, they are ready and
can be eaten as is. If they are older/bigger then they will need more
cooking and then de-skinning.

Steve