Posted to rec.food.cooking
Donald Martinich Donald Martinich is offline

Default Lamb that is undercooked

In article >, sf wrote:

> On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 15:53:43 -0000, ebrian > wrote:
>
> >I went to a restaurant and foolishly ordered rare lamb
> >shanks. I couldn't tear the meat off the bone, it was quite
> >frustrating. I winded it up getting it to go, then took it home and
> >cooked it more before scarfing it down.

> Holy crap... what a stupid story! It's too dumb to be even faintly in
> the realm of reality. No real restaurant would serve rare shanks of
> any kind.

Like hell, they wouldn't! One chilly Sunday a few years a ago a friend
took me to dinner at the original Paragaray's in Sacramento. The
special was braised lamb shanks and polenta. The main course arrived at
our table not only undercooked, but cold. We had the waiter take it
back and all they did was reheat it in the microwave. At that point my
friend blew up and started shouting at the poor waiter. Normally a good
and reliable restaurant, they apparently had a morn onthe line that
night.

D.M.