Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Lamb that is undercooked

Peter A wrote:

> You have to know your cuts. Lamb, like beef, has some cuts that are good
> rare (leg, chops) and others that need to be cooked a long time
> (shoulder, shanks). A porterhouse rare is a great thing, but who would
> want a rare oxtail or shortrib?

Some people have issues with rare meat, as if you are guaranteed to get
sick from it, or just find it a generally disgusting idea. I like steaks
rare to medium rare because they have a nice texture and better flavour, as
opposed to tough, dry and flavourless. Oxtails and ribs, OTOH, are very
tough cuts of meat and they need to be cooked long and slow to improve the
texture.