Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking
Natarajan Krishnaswami Natarajan Krishnaswami is offline

Default Grilled veggies

On 2007-05-19, Kindrick Ownby > wrote:
> Please make suggestions and/or point us to a source
> of ideas.

This past weekend I was invited to one, and the veggies included:
red bell peppers
oil the skin lightly
portabello mushrooms
drizzle with olive oil, salt, garlic, red chili flakes
small eggplants
score deeply, almost cut in half; stuff with oil, salt, garlic,
dried basil -- my friends had no mint; rub with oil. Grill till
very tender.
corn
retain the husk, remove the silk; soak in brine for 20 minutes
prior to grilling.
tofu
slice into 1/2" thick slices, let stand to drain, and rub with
salt, spices and olive oil. I used paprika, garlic powder, a
little garam masala, and dried fenugreek leaves. (Make sure both
sides are oiled, or it will stick to the grill.)

One of the hosts made a brown rice and orzo pilaf (with veggie broth)
to accompany the carnivores' dinner, but it also suited the veggies well.

HTH,
N.