Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Brent[_3_] Brent[_3_] is offline

Default Flavorizer Bars for grills

On May 26, 6:49 pm, No Way > wrote:
> On Sat, 26 May 2007 00:04:25 -0700, "Kent" > wrote:
> >"No Way" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >> Anyone ever use these at all? I'm about to purchase a Weber Genesis
> >> E-320 grill and just browing through a few accessories to purchase for
> >> it and came across this.

> >> According to the product description, it will supposedly "catch
> >> drippings and recirculate them into the air to infuse extra flavour
> >> into meats."

> >> Just was wondering if anybody has used them or is using them and how
> >> you're finding it? Thanks for your time and courtesy.

> >All Weber grills come with flavorizer bars, a substitute for the ceramic
> >briquettes under the cooking grates that catch the drippings and flavor what
> >is cooking above. The flavorizer bars work well, without the hassle of
> >having ceramic briquettes under your grate. Either is crucial to cooking on
> >the grill. As I recently posted, the Genesis 320 has recently been recalled
> >from the market. /www.weberrecall.com/Maybe you should hold off for a bit.

> >Kent

> Wow, Kent, thanks for the heads up on the recall notice. How in the
> world is Home Depot still selling them both from the website and from
> their stores?
>
> Anyway, I have some more searching to do then. Thanks again.

Dude,

HD knew about this recall in February, I tried to buy a E-320 and they
wouldn't sell me that model even though they had plenty in stock.
Weber sent a representative to my local HD and serviced their entire
stock before HD would sell the model. At this point if you are buying
from HD ask if the E-320 that they carry are post recall, you are
probably ok. Either way, the fix is easy and Weber will send you the
part which is easily replaced.

Brent