Posted to rec.food.cooking
Giusi Giusi is offline

Default Restaurant owner to teach kids' classes on table manners

jmcquown wrote:
> Giusi wrote:

> Oh give me a break! Don't drag JESUS into this. Paintings are simply
> paintings. Would you like to take a look at some of the ones hanging in my
> apartment and then make sweeping judgements about things? Don't think so.
>
> Jill

Those paintings are generally valued as both masterpieces of art as well
as commentary on society at the time they were painted. If nursing a
child were as disgusting as some here think, the Madonna would never
have been portrayed doing it by the many deeply religious masters of the
Western world.

I don't want to see your paintings, why would I? To you they apparently
are daubs used for decoration, but to many they tell a lot about the
history of society. I didn't mention it for religious value but for
social commentary. Fra Angelico painted what he knew.