Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown jmcquown is offline

Default Grocery Store... score?

After all the posts about grilling and BBQ I decided I *will* grill ribs on
May 31st. Found a nice looking 4 lb. rack at a reasonable price ($1.67/lb).
I prefer dry ribs (but hey, nb! feel free to drench them in sauce if you
want!). I brush them lightly with oil then rub them simply with S&P,
granulated garlic and oregano. Slow roast them indirectly over medium-hot
coals, watching and turning them, until the ribs practically wiggle free of
the meat. That's when you know they are done This is the only meat I
like "well done" but even then you can't say it is so because there is still
pink in the middle. They just know when to wiggle!

I also picked up yellow and zucchini squash to throw on the grill. Those I
grill with a similar simple preparation (oil, S&P) but I wouldn't recommend
putting BBQ sauce on squash

While at the store I found a couple of nice lamb loin chops, also at a
reasonable price. They went into the freezer for another time.

And since the cube steak thread I've got a craving for country fried steak
with cream gravy. So I grabbed a package of cube steaks; they also went
into the freezer. I'll have to go back for the cream to make the gravy.
I'll also want to do mashed potatoes and fresh snap beans; the combination
seem to naturally go with CFS!

Jill