Posted to rec.food.cooking
Giusi Giusi is offline

Default Tried new (to us) restaurant

Nancy Young wrote:
> "Giusi" > wrote
>
>> If I bring one thing TO Italy, having taken so much from her, it shall be
>> a variety of insalatone, or salad meals. I missed them so much until I
>> started making some up and feeding them to my friends here.

> Can you describe them?
>
> nancy

Sure! My favorite is greens with a citrus/honey/cayenne dressing and
pitted fresh black cherries and is served with slices of cold pollo al
diavolo.

I'm pretty happy with the possible in Italy version of Cobb salad, too.
The real thing just can't be done here where so many of the
ingredients are unavailable.

I'm working on one with shrimps and kiwi, but haven't decided whether
the shrimps are better hot and crisp fried or steamed with beer and spices.