Posted to alt.food.wine
Hunt Hunt is offline

Default Red wine: the older the better, and white?

In article .com>,
says...

>Despite being completely partial to red wine, I have been known to
>enjoy a glass of white from time to time. It is my understanding that
>when it comes to red, normally, "the older, the better" rule applies.
>
>But what about white wine and age?
>
>-Ramon

Ramon,

As others have likely stated (too busy to read all replies to this thread
right now), it's on the palate of the beholder. This is true for both reds and
whites, though some, who like older reds, might not like older whites.

Also, note that most wines are not vinted to age, so only a select few, reds &
whites, will even hold up with age.

If you like your reds with age, try some well-structured whites, and see if
they are to your liking.

Hunt