Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default 92 Mayacamas Cabernet Sauvignon

On May 21, 9:15�am, Bi!! > wrote:
> On May 20, 9:40 am, DaleW > wrote:
>

> > On May 19, 6:08?pm, Emery Davis > wrote:

> > > Dale's tasting of the other night inspired us to try one of these. ?(Magnum).

> > > Served with Guinea Hen with cru wild boar ham, cepes and artichoke hearts in
> > > Coteaux du Layon.

> > > Tons of tobacco, some pepper and bramble. ?Very true to Dale's note on the 70,
> > > this wine was young but enjoyable. ?A classy bottle that belies the in-your-face
> > > CA style. ?Only downside was just a hint of bell pepper.

> > > -E

> > > --
> > > Emery Davis
> > > You can reply to
> > > by removing the well known companies
> > > Questions about wine? ?Visithttp://winefaq.hostexcellence.com

> > Nice notes. And sounds like some meal. CdL is usually too pricy to
> > cook with here! I love pintade/guinea, but seldom see it around here.
> > Thanks- Hide quoted text -

> I thought D'Artagnan sold it? *We are fortuante here to have a
> supplier nearby of guinea, pheasant, quail, a variety of ducks and
> hierloom breeds of turkey and chicken.- Hide quoted text -

D'Artagnan does sell guinea, but no place locally stocks it (besides
mail order, D'Artagnan distributes to local markets), but while some
local markets carry their boar, and occasionally pheasant or squab, I
have never seen guinea on a shelf; so a pintade dinner requires mail
order from their website. Doable, but a pain.