Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking
No Name

Default Looking for favorite slow cooker recipes

In article .com>,
says...
> [snip]
> I bought "Fresh from the Vegetarian Slow Cooker," and frankly, I'm not
> that impressed.
> [snip]

I totally agree with you about this book. It is a very odd book- first,
many recipes call for lots of steps before you even load the slow cooker
(like pre-cooking stuff) and second, the recipes are bizarre. A lot of
stuff you have to wonder _why_ anyone would want to use a slower cooker
for this. Like desserts... I think 99% of slow cooker usage is by
time-pressed people who want a hot meal when they get home- not slow
cooker baked cake. Everything I've tried has tasted the same, and not
in a good way.

I'd love recommedations for crock-pot recipes too!

Louise

[moderator removed more quoting]