Posted to alt.food.wine
Matt S Matt S is offline

Default Hunter Valley (Australia) Tours

On Fri, 18 May 2007 12:08:27 -0400, "DALE WILLIAMS"
> wrote:

>Maybe no good RED wine, but I've enjoyed Verdelho and Semillon from HV.
>"Potblak" > wrote in message
>> Avoid Hunter Valley!
>> No good red wine ever was made from Hunter Valley Grapes.
>> (Quote from Hunter Valley Winemaker)
>>
>> Hop a cheap flight to Adelaide or Melbourne and visit the World famous
>> Barossa (Cabernets and Shiraz plus Sav Blanc), Yarra Valley or Mornington
>> Peninsula (everything, but particularly Pinot Noir)regions.
>>
>> "fsa3" > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Getting very close to going to Australia. We will be in Syndey and
>>> are looking at some of the day trip tours to Hunter Valley. Anyone
>>> ever done one of those? Any recommendations would be very helpful as
>>> we don't know which are good ones and which should be avoided.
>>>
>>> Thanks!

Dale, the HV as you would know, is the epicentre of Australia's best
Semillon. Tyrell's Vat 1 and Belfords, McWilliam Mt Pleasant
Lovedale, and Brokenwood again, continually put forward world class
Semillon, that ages magnificently. Unfortunately, here in Oz, outside
of Sydney, Semillon is virtually unsellable, which is a travesty IMHO
considering the varietals potential to age gracefully.

hooroo....