Posted to alt.food.wine
Matt S Matt S is offline

Default Hunter Valley (Australia) Tours

On Fri, 18 May 2007 17:13:44 +1000, "Potblak" >
wrote:

>Avoid Hunter Valley!
>No good red wine ever was made from Hunter Valley Grapes.
>(Quote from Hunter Valley Winemaker)
>
>Hop a cheap flight to Adelaide or Melbourne and visit the World famous
>Barossa (Cabernets and Shiraz plus Sav Blanc), Yarra Valley or Mornington
>Peninsula (everything, but particularly Pinot Noir)regions.
>
>"fsa3" > wrote in message
roups.com...
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Getting very close to going to Australia. We will be in Syndey and
>> are looking at some of the day trip tours to Hunter Valley. Anyone
>> ever done one of those? Any recommendations would be very helpful as
>> we don't know which are good ones and which should be avoided.
>>
>> Thanks!

Cannot concur. Brokenwood's Graveyard Shiraz would make my top 20
Aussie reds, (the 98 was iconic). Tyrells and Rothbury do some very
good Shiraz, and Lakes Folly have a terrific Cabernet.

HV is very weather dependant, from the coolish weather to heat waves,
so vintage variation is probably more extreme than any region in Oz.
Bad HV years ARE bad, but their best is excellent.

hooroo....