Posted to rec.food.cooking
Koko[_2_] Koko[_2_] is offline

Default Tried new (to us) restaurant

On Thu, 17 May 2007 07:05:38 +0200, (Victor Sack)
wrote:

><Koko> wrote:
>
>> We tried a new, to us, Italian restaurant on Mother's Day.

>Koko, the pictures are very nice and certainly tell a lot. Among other
>things, they tell me at once that the food, however tasty, is not
>remotely Italian (as in Italian-Italian, heh!). Italians do not serve
>pasta that obscenely overloaded way, making it almost a pasta
>soup/stew/main dish. And, yes, I do notice your mention that the owners
>are from Italy, yet it is clear they have adapted the food they serve to
>American tastes, to say the least. The food itself may well be very
>good - food does not have to be authentically Italian to be good, after
>all - but if it is explicitly (or even implicitly) advertised or
>labelled as Italian, it is truly a travesty.
>
>Victor

O.K. Now you started something. ;-) I'm going to try and find a
restaurant that serves Italian as in Italian-Italian food.

What do I need to look for, although I don't mind one bit the trial
and error approach. I am thinking perhaps how they describe the dish
on the menu, call and ask, What? Give me some key words and phrases.

Koko
---
http://kokoscorner.blogspot.com

"There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
George Bernard Shaw