Posted to rec.food.cooking
Victor Sack[_1_] Victor Sack[_1_] is offline

Default Tried new (to us) restaurant

Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> How should it be advertised or labelled, Bubba? Italian dishes prepared
> for American palates and appetites? I'm not looking for an argument,
> just your opinion.

Anything but Italian, this being nothing if not misleading.
Italian-American, perhaps.

The owners of the place may be from Italy, but I have trouble believing
that the chef is also from there. Italians are usually rather proud of
their cuisine and wouldn't plop that mountain of stew over spaghetti,
not even bothering to toss it all together. Quoth Giuliano Hazan, from
_The Classic Pasta Cookbook_: "Toss with a fork and a spoon until the
pasta is thoroughly coated with the sauce. Avoid the common mistake of
serving a heap of pasta with the sauce simply placed on top of it."

Bubba