Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon Sheldon is offline

Default Tried new (to us) restaurant

"jmcquown" wrote:
> kilikini wrote:
> > Sheldon wrote:

> >> Had I seen "meat" ravioli on the menu I would have quickly departed.

> >> Sheldon

> > May I ask why? *Is a meat ravioli non-traditional? *I'm not Italian,
> > so I don't know.

> > kili

> Sheldon's not Italian either *I tend to think of meat ravioli as the
> Chef-Boyardee type although I'm sure that's just silly. *I do prefer simple
> cheese filled ravioli or spinach-ricotta.

Any decent restaurant's menu would list veal/pork/beef/salmon/lobster
ravioli.... never just "meat"... even a package of tube steaks
indicate what kind of meat in the ingredients list.... even the
dingiest Chinese take-out's menu lists what kind of meat is in every
dish, even a lowly egg roll would indicate pork/shrimp, etc. But
regardless, I scan menus very carefully so I do not order anything
with ground meat... like Jill I would order the cheese ravioli. But
in fact I'd likely not order the ravioli or anything else stuffed. I
would typically order something like mussels marinara with a side of
pasta putanesca, something I can easily identify what/who is in it.
I don't order the meat balls out, I only eat ground meat dishes I
prepared myself.

>From those pictures nothing whatsoever indicates Italian, not the

food, not the decor... I hope it wasn't expensive.

Sheldon