Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default The word is refrigerate

"Phred" > wrote in message

> Incidentally, I hadn't realised that Frigidaire developed the original
> self-contained refrigerators. The brand name seemed to come later
> than others here in Oz as far as I recall. But that may be a
> consequence of our old "Commonwealth trade preferences" whereby damn
> nearly everything (except decent cars) came from Pommieland for the
> first half century or more of "Australia".

Many years ago, Frigidaire was owned by General Motors. They made some of
the best appliances. The division was sold, consolidated, re-sold a few
more times. Over the past years it was known as : White-Westinghouse, WCI,
and a couple of others At last check, they were owned by Electrolux. That
was over a week ago so it may have changed again. The Frigidaire plants
produce a lot of other brand names, like Gibson, Tappan, White-Westinghouse,
Philco, maybe more. They chose to use the Frigidaire name because of brand
recognition. They no longer make the quality of the past, IMO.