Posted to rec.food.cooking
Koko[_2_] Koko[_2_] is offline

Default Tried new (to us) restaurant

We tried a new, to us, Italian restaurant on Mother's Day.

Stan (DH) had the meat ravioli.
The dinners came with soup or salad and garlic bread.
http://i18.tinypic.com/4v7w2g7.jpg

The salads were just iceburg lettuce with choice of dressing, but the
garlic bread more than made up for that. It was delicious.

I had the spaghetti Caruso, named after the famed singer.
It is chicken livers in a mushroom sauce served over spaghetti.
It was absolutely delicious, and way more than enough and very
generous with the mushrooms and livers.
http://i6.tinypic.com/4vd5x6d.jpg

Of course wine.
http://i2.tinypic.com/4z9h4px.jpg

They have a lunch special for two people for $25.00. It includes
antipasta, chicken parmesan with pasta and green beans, soup or salad,
dessert and beverage.
http://i10.tinypic.com/6bvaiih.jpg

Considering that the family that owns the restaurant is Italian, I was
surprised to find the Fettuccini Alfredo was made with cream and a
little on the bland side.
http://i15.tinypic.com/4lda6ip.jpg

The shelves inside are jammed with "stuff" and some neat memorabilia
and collectibles.
I did find some nice old cookbooks that I had a hard time tearing
myself away from.
http://i10.tinypic.com/4vp0d2o.jpg

We had a good time and would go there again.
http://i9.tinypic.com/4yp0fp3.jpg

Koko
---
http://kokoscorner.blogspot.com

"There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
George Bernard Shaw