Posted to rec.food.equipment
KW KW is offline

Default "Tater Mitts"

"limey" > wrote in message
> My husband is bugging me to ask about these things.
> Does anyone know anything about them - apparently, they've been
> advertised on TV? They're waterproof gloves
> (not mitts) which are supposed to remove potato peel by abrasion when
> you rotate the potato. (He's thinking of me - I've developed arthritis
> in my fingers and using a paring knife is painful.)
>
> Dora
>
> --

Dora,

I've used my apple peeler (with the corer/slicer attachment removed) when
prepping for large quantities of potato salad in the past and it does a
pretty decent job. At the worst you are left with a few eyes and a missed
spot or 2 to remove, but the whole process is very fast and easier on the
hands than peeling by hand. I drop it in the dishwasher to clean as well.

Mine is similar to this one (actually it is *exactly* like this, just
without the Pampered Chef moniker)

http://tinyurl.com/2n4l64

Works for me....YMMV

KW