Posted to rec.food.equipment
Matthew L. Martin Matthew L. Martin is offline

Default "Tater Mitts"

limey wrote:
> My husband is bugging me to ask about these things.
> Does anyone know anything about them - apparently, they've been
> advertised on TV? They're waterproof gloves
> (not mitts) which are supposed to remove potato peel by abrasion when
> you rotate the potato. (He's thinking of me - I've developed arthritis
> in my fingers and using a paring knife is painful.)

When my fingers get that bad, I will stop peeling potatoes. I mostly
don't peel them now. I use a brush to clean them and the end of a
teaspoon to remove eyes that have started growing.

Matthew

--
I'm a consultant. If you want an opinion I'll sell you one.
Which one do you want?