Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
The Ranger[_2_] The Ranger[_2_] is offline

Default The taco stand inspired McDonalds

Hoges in WA > wrote in message
[snip]
> can you tell me from your experience if there are
> A-1 GCCBs in the Kingman area?

[snip]

Kingman was an oasis in the middle of a desert and freeway at one
time.

In 2003, the LONE standout restaurant that made the oasis worthy
of a layover was consumed by a larger, more predatory, corporate
entity. In talking with several locals, the parasites were very
systematic. I can't think of one restaurant this isn't owned by a
larger vertically integrated conglomerate. There's nothing there
there but poor service, lousy food, high prices.

Our last trip through Kingman in August 2006 was our last. We'll
take other routes to completely skirt that wasted patch of neon
and asphalt.

The Ranger