Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
Hoges in WA Hoges in WA is offline

Default The taco stand inspired McDonalds

"Gunner" <gunner@ spam.com> wrote in message

> "dtwright37" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> On May 4, 2:33 am, Sonoran Dude > wrote:
>>snipped

> The Original Owl Cafe just outside Socorro heading to the Northern gate
> to White Sands MR, was the best Green Chile Cheese Burgers in the world,
> bar none. I would go down to WSMR from ABQ 1-2 time a week just to stop
> and eat lunch there. I understand it was bought out and moved to ABQ and
> it is now Corporate Commissary food on the order of Applebe's, Chili's,
> Red Robin, Olive Garden, etc. Better than any of the WhataBurgers which
> were prety damn good. Dude , ours W-A-Bs in West Texas served Cherry
> Peppers instead of the Jalapenos.

These Green Chile Cheese Burgers sound good - I'm in Oz so I'm not familiar
with them. I looked them up after your post on a site called Chowhound or
Chow-Hound (can't exacatackly remember) Anyway, it reckons it caters to
both major food groups.

You seem to know your way around Arizono OK - can you tell me from your
experience if there are A-1 GCCBs in the Kingman area? My M-i-L lives there
and we'll be visiting her around Xmas from West Australia and I'd like to
try one of these burgers. (We're going to Las Vegas to experience the
Greatest Light Show On Earth!!!)
ta
Hoges in WA