zxcvbob

Default Netscape (Roasted Peppers (was Chilis Preserved and Infusedin Oil?)

George Shirley wrote:

> Feuer wrote:
>

>> Brian Mailman wrote:
>>

>>> Cool. I'd appreciate that. Or a URL (IF it comes up for me, I'm
>>> finding more and more sites are leaving Netscape 4.79 behind and wind up
>>> with "you need to update" messages).

>> So I'm not the only one...
>>
>> Tried Netscape 7.0 or something way back when and concluded it was
>> unbelievably buggy and hard-to-believe slow. I'm sure they've worked
>> out some of the bugs by now, but have they gotten rid of the
>> slowness?
>>
>> David

> I'm running 7.1 as are a number of my friends. I don't find it very
> buggy, not like 6.0, and it runs as fast as any of the rest. Of course
> I'm running an ADSL rig anyway and it's pretty fast. The only nitpick I
> have with 7.1 is I can't figure out how to unsubscribe to a newsgroup
> with it. Follow instructions to the letter and there the damned thing is
> again the next time I go to newsgroups.
>
> George

I used to like Netscape a lot better than MS Internet Explorer, but AOL
bought Netscape and then let it die, and the old 4.7x versions are
increasingly incompatable with new websites. (There is a Netscape version
4.80, but I haven't tried it) Now, I use MSIE for a browser, and I use
Thunderbird (Mozilla's news and mail client without the browser) for mail
and news. It works pretty well.
<http://www.mozilla.org/projects/thunderbird/>

Best regards,
Bob