Scott

Default Chilis Preserved and Infused in Oil?

In article >, Feuer > wrote:

> A very stupid law. Leads to the "wear gloves and forget about food
> safety" complex. What's important is to wash hands well, and to wear
> gloves if one has any open cuts or sores.

Oh, and I should mention: the law doesn't require gloves (NY State's at
least). It just prohibits bare-hand contac--however you get around that
(assuming you use a food-safe item for food contact).

Somewhat interesting story in this theme:

My brother was inspecting a diner one day. He went down to the basement,
where they had a food-preparation area

You know how many diners serve those bowls of cole slaw before the meal?
Well, there was this worker, stripped down to a tank-top, standing in
front of a smallish garbage pail that was almost full of cole slaw. He
would push his arms down into the slaw almost down to the shoulders and
stir the stuff around, then pull his arms out, shucking the slaw out of
his armpits, arms, and hands and back into the pail.

That earned a violation.

please mail OT responses only