Fran

Default Pressure Canner

"Andrew Valiukas" > wrote in message
> Does anybody know where I can get a pressure canner in Australia? Is a
> standard pressure cooker the same - just different size? Would I be able

> use a standard pressure cooker?

I don't think you can any more. The last time I saw them even mentioned
here was when the Americans that ran Millenium Ark moved to this country
prior to Year 2000. When it didn't cause the major dramas anticipated they
moved back to the US.

I've never seen or heard of any Australian ever using a pressure canner. A
pressure cooker, yes: but that isn't the same thing. Do you have any real
objections to using a Vacola like everyone else does?