Posted to rec.food.cooking
Karen[_3_] Karen[_3_] is offline

Default "So You Want To Go To Culinary School..."

On May 11, 9:50 am, Jnospam > wrote:
> To be a pharmacist, my dad first earned a 4-year BS and then had
> an additional three years of pharmacy school. That was in the late
> 1960's in the US. Advanced education to be a pharmacist isn't new.
> Some countries allow pharmacists to practice with just a 4 year degree,
> but this isn't sufficient in the US. Now, students must have a
> Pharmacy Doctorate, a 6-year degree. Check out "pharmacist" on Wiki.

You don't need a Bachelor's to be admitted into Pharmacy school, and
it's not a 6 year degree in California. There are three schools of
pharmacy in California -- at USC, UOP and USF. After school, like
lawyers, you need to pass an exam before you get a license.

Karen