Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Rick F. Rick F. is offline

Default Gas grills vs charcoal (and Lava Charcoal Rocks or tiles or flavor bars etc)?

On 2007-05-10, markm75 > wrote:
> On May 10, 3:12 pm, "EZ" > wrote:
>> Get both. Seriously. Use gas when you want a quick meal during the week and
>> don't have the time to do charcoal. Use charcoal when you have the time,
>> because usually it'll taste better.
>>
>> --
>> EZ
>> Traeger BBQ075 "Texas"
>> CharGriller Smokin Pro
>> Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain Wide Body
>> CharmGlow 3-burner All-Stainless Gas Grill
>> Weber Kettle One-Touch Silver 22-1/2"
>> Weber Kettle Smoky Joe Silver 14-1/2"

> Yeah, I guess, but I'd rather have an all in one solution.. What
> about the flavor devices.. do they even come close/work with all gas
> models?

Go with Charcoal.. Forget these flavor mechanisms to fake "real" flavor.. Who
knows what's in-em.. I get my charcoal grill going in 5-10 minutes tops with
the help of my weed-torch.. My fire is started in ~30 seconds.. Then you just
wait ~5-10 minutes tops to get other coals going as well.. Works like a charm!