Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mike Van Pelt Mike Van Pelt is offline

Default Favorite tip/technique you've learned on tv cooking shows?

In article .com>,
Dee Dee > wrote:
>> No wonder US eaters love ketchup on their scrambled eggs.

>I often wonder who the people might be that like ketchup on
>their scrambled eggs -- speak up!

I used to when I was a kid -- The taste of eggs by
themselves made me queasy, and without something to cover
it up, I'd start gagging. Ketchup, crumbled bacon, whatever.
I still don't like the taste of plain, unadorned eggs.

I haven't done it in decades, though. Partly, at the age of
52, I don't have to eat eggs if I don't want to. When I do
eat eggs, it's ususally an omlette with goodies inside. I
made one with ham and Swiss cheese the other day that was
very tasty.

And I used Alton Brown's omlette-making technique; warmed
eggs, beat with a fork, etc. I tried it after seeing his
program on omlettes, and it sure works a lot better than
what I used to do. Though I do add lots more filling than
he said was couth.

--
Mike Van Pelt | Wikipedia. The roulette wheel of knowledge.
mvp at calweb.com | --Blair P. Houghton