Posted to alt.food.barbecue
[email protected] hrbrickerNOSPAM@ij.net is offline

Default Smokin' beef ribs

On 9-May-2007, "Rick F." > wrote:

> On 2007-05-08, VegA > wrote:
> > On 08 May 2007 20:27:44 GMT, "Rick F." >
> > wrote:
> >
> > BTW, I eat my mistakes. ALWAYS. That way I get a real
> > incentive to do
> > better next time

> Last time I did beef ribs, I tried to do them a bit more
> on the hot-n-fast
> side and ended up with at least one rib that when bitten
> into squirted out
> blood on the table.. Eww! Didn't taste good either.. I'm
> only going to make
> that mistake ONCE!

I did 4.5# of Smithfield Beef Back Ribs on Feb 10, this
year.
I didn't watch them close enough and they got overdone at
four hours. I did 11# (3 slabs) of spares and a 7.6# pork
shoulder roast (Butt) at the same time.

I took the butt off at 5 hours and the bone pulled out with
just
slight effort. I served the whole mess to fifteen hungry
Puerto
Ricans along with yellow rice, Puerto Rican beans and my
BBQ beans kicked up with some ground chipotle. I garone
damn T there were no raw parts to be found. I'm getting
careless in my dotage. The day of the La Hoya fight I
incinerated a half dozen chicken thighs and then under
cooked 3 slabs of spares. The Puerto Ricans loved them,
but they all still have good teeth.

--
Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)