Posted to rec.food.cooking
Terry Pulliam Burd[_1_] Terry Pulliam Burd[_1_] is offline

Default Mom's Kitchen Tools

I was making homemade tortillas tonight, forming them into taco shells
as they fried, when I thought for the million and a half time that I
sure wish I had my mother's gizmo for draining taco shells after they
came out of the hot oil. It was something like a very small jelly roll
pan with a fitted rack. I drain the shells on an old towel, which
works, but I sure wish I'd snagged Mother's gizmo when I had the
chance.

Anyone else have a kitchen tool a parent or grandparent or whomever
used that you wish you had now?

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd...oh, and grandma's worn cleaver <sigh>

-- Duncan Hines