Posted to rec.food.cooking
Paco's Tacos Paco's Tacos is offline

Default Favorite tip/technique you've learned on tv cooking shows?

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 09 May 2007 12:20:44 -0500, notbob wrote:
>
>> Most of us here watch them. Julia, Jacques, The Bam Man and The
>> Perv.... But, have they ever really been of any real influence? Have
>> you ever really learned anything from these folks.

> My mother has. For years I've been telling her things such as
> "Never put your tomatoes in the refrigerator", and "It's fine to
> salt meat before you cook it". But she never believes me.
>
> And then one day I'll see some tomatoes on the counter at her
> house and I'll ask her about it, "Oh, Sandra Lee says to never put
> tomatoes in the refrigerator."
>
> Grrrrrrr.
>
> No matter what I tell her about cooking/food, she won't believe it
> until she see's it on FoodTV or PBS. It ****es me off to no end
> that she'll believe Emeril and Sandra Lee (of all people), but
> nothing I've been trying to tell her for 15+ years.
>
> -sw

You let your mother watch Sandra Lee??? Your own Mother?! I'm aghast!!!
What kind of a son are you? Orrrr... do you encourage her to watch? Just
so you can snidely proclaim that you are the better cook! Yeah, I bet
that's your deviously, evil plan! You should be ashamed of yourself, Mr.
Steven Wertz, ashamed! Go to your room! And no internet for a week!
You're grounded!