George Shirley

Default Applesauce - Splenda?

MarilynŠ wrote:
> In ,
> George Shirley > took a deep breath, sighed and spoke thusly:
>
>>MarilynŠ wrote:
>>

>>>In ,
>>>George Shirley > took a deep breath, sighed and
>>>spoke thusly:

>>>This is the same son who praises me for my jam because he's rarely
>>>had store bought jam at all.
>>>
>>>Now, if I could only get him to appreciate my home-grown,
>>>home-canned green beans...
>>>

>>Why do kids all dislike or distrust green beans and green peas. My son
>>called green peas "spider eggs" when he was small, suspect he learned
>>it
>>from older kids. His three yo boy loves "geen" peas. My eldest
>>grandson,
>>he who presented me with a greatgranddaughter when I was barely 61,
>>loved green beans when he was a kid. I swear he could tell you where
>>they were grown and what variety they were. Now he won't touch them
>>but
>>his daughter loves them.

> I dunno. He's the only one of the five kids who really hate green beans. He eats them,
> but doesn't like it.
>

>>Shoot, we were taught to eat what was put in front of us or do
>>without.
>>I'll eat about anything but cooked cauliflower, just flat don't like
>>it
>>cooked but love it pickled or raw. Don't like cooked turnips either
>>but
>>eat them raw or pickled.

> I've raised my kids that way, too. I have one that will not eat gravy, but since gravy
> isn't exactly high on the list of vitamin and mineral-packed foods, I say, fine, you don't
> have to eat it. But they have to eat their vegetables. I tell him it could be worse, I
> could make him eat brussel sprouts or lima beans, both of which I like, but no one else in
> the family, including my husband, will touch.

Dang! Come on down, I make a mean pot of giant limas cooked with onion,
garlic, and sausage. Put on a pot of rice, get out the hot sauce and pig
out. My wife doesn't much like the limas either but if they're green and
called butter beans she'll eat them. Most folks around here just eat red
beans aka kidney beans. Me, I'm partial to pintos or limas. I have to
put lots of epazote in the pot cause they do gas me up.

George