MarilynŠ

Default Applesauce - Splenda?

In ,
The Joneses > took a deep breath, sighed and spoke thusly:
> Joy Hardie wrote:
>
>> Can you use Splenda when you can applesauce?
>> ps. Nobody answered my question about if it is better to can or
>> freeze apple pie filling. Any ideas?

> Joy - how did you make your apple pie filling? Did you use or not
> use pectin? Did you use that corn starch based Clear Jel? Is your
> filling acidic? Clear Jel is too expensive for me to buy, not the
> stuff,
> the shipping!

Speaking of Clear Jel, I made a trip to the local Cash & Carry noticed that they had 25
pound bags of Clear Jel for about $33 USD. I didn't have a need for any, so I didn't
purchase, but how long do you suppose it would keep if you bought that much?

--
Marilyn