Joy Hardie

Default Applesauce -Do nothing?

Oh, one more question. When I freeze applesauce, I maintain a lovely
pink color from my Jonathan apples. But, obviously a boiling 20
minute bath rather cooks all the pretty color out of them. I have
read differing descriptions of the word "boiling". I assumed it meant
the water had to be bubbling, but in other books it says it has to be
200 degrees. Which is it? because if it only needs to be the
later, then maybe I am way over cooking the poor things.
Other thought is, I read that in a pressure cooker it would only need
to be 8 minutes.....would that maintain the color better because of
the shorter time?
Don't worry, I am DONE with entering the fair, so you are not giving
away any secrets to the competition. It was just beginners lucklast
year and now you guys have me obsessedly hooked on presentation.
Joy