The Joneses

Default Applesauce - Splenda?

Joy Hardie wrote:

> Can you use Splenda when you can applesauce?
> ps. Nobody answered my question about if it is better to can or
> freeze apple pie filling. Any ideas?

Joy - how did you make your apple pie filling? Did you use or not
use pectin? Did you use that corn starch based Clear Jel? Is your
filling acidic? Clear Jel is too expensive for me to buy, not the
stuff,
the shipping!
And if no one here can help maybe those folks at the
National Center for Home Food Preservation (University of Georgia)
http://www.uga.edu/nchfp/
and scroll thru our FAQ as well, although I can't remember seeing
this question covered (!). Let us know how it goes.
Edrena
Who made jam with Splenda & NSN pectin and using 1 cup per batch
was too much, this was one place where I could detect an aftertaste,
and it didn't do nothing to help the color any either. Poor
strawberries.
Have put plenty Splenda on unsweetened applesauce after surgery,
great stuff.