Posted to alt.food.wine
[email protected] jswatson@yahoo.com is offline

Default Barbaresco for 99 cent a bottle ...

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else saw this ...
I was at Grocery Outlet in Redwood City (CA) over the weekend,
and they were selling a wine called LUIGI CALISSANO BARBARESCO 1991,
for 99 cents a 750 ml bottle.

So I figured what the heck, and bought a case.

I thought it was kind of interesting for a 16 year old wine.

The main thing I thought was "wrong" with it, was the clarity was off
(a little bit of a haze).

Taste wise, I thought it was a bit tanic, but from what I've read
about
Barbarescos, that's what they're supposed to be like.

Anyone else try this?

Cheers,
John