Bob Gillespie

Default Making jelly from roselle

My wife and I are just getting into edible landscaping and we are
reading a several books on the subject. ONe of the books I'm reading
discussed a roselle and how it might be made into jelly, jams, etc. and
that it taste like a cranberry without the bitterness. When we bought
it last year, we thought it was called a false roselle but it appears as
the picture in the book. We live in north Florida and I replanted the
seed and have one very beautiful flower. After each flower fades, a
container forms about an inch long along the stem which is a deep red.
It is filled with seed. I plan to harvest some of the seeds and replant
next year. Long story but leading to how might we try to make jelly
from the plant or anything elso that might be useful. The beauty makes
it very useful but I would like to add edible. Can anyone help?