Posted to rec.food.cooking
Peter A Peter A is offline

Default Pancake Recipe

In article >,
says...
> I never saw the original message. Your recipe has *too much* baking
> powder. Reduce it to about 2 tsp. It will also help if you use soured
> milk and add 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
>
> Whole wheat flour will make them heavier; you don't want that. Once you
> get the recipe worked out, you can add a little toasted wheat germ to
> make them interesting.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Bob

I have been using this recipe for decades. It makes terrific basic
buttermilk pancakes, never-fail. I have also used a mix of milk and
plain yogurt (1:1) as a sub for the buttermilk.

2c all purpose flour
2 TB sugar (may be omitted)
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2.5c buttermilk
2 large eggs
1/4c vegetable oil or melted butter

Sift the dry ingredients together into a bowl. Quickly beat the wet
ingredients together with a fork. Combine and mix with a wooden spoon,
the batter will still have a few lumps.

As you gain experience with this you will learn to add a little less or
a little more buttermilk to get just the batter consistency that you
want.

--
Peter Aitken