Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Pancake Recipe

Doug Weller wrote:

> >> Try Krusteaze, you just add water (or beer, or whatever takes your fancy)
> >> and they are delicious.

> >They may be quite tasty, even though they contain powdered eggs, powdered
> >milk and who knows what for the fat, but I doubt they compare to pancakes
> >made from scratch. It takes less time for me to make up a batch of pancake
> >batter from scratch than it does to heat the pan. From my experience,
> >there is always a funny taste to pancake mixes.
> >

> They are fast and don't require having eggs in the house.

We always have eggs in the house and I would much rather have real
ingredients that something made with powdered eggs, powdered milk and
mystery fats. I had assumed that people posting here were interested in
good food and would have little problem with something more involved that
add water and stir. I can make a batch of pancakes in less than two
minutes, less time than it takes to heat the pan.

> Still, if someone can give me a recipe that tastes the same I'd like to
> try it. So far I haven't found one.

I have yet to taste a pancake mix that does not have that sharp taste of
chemicals something.