Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Pope Steve Pope is offline

Default House Committee to Investigate Melamine-In-Food Fiasco

Emma Thackery > wrote:

>What scares me the most is what might happen in the long
>term after all the lies that this crap has no harmful effect. The
>notion that you can feed garbage to animals and have healthy animals and
>then feed them to humans is insane. I can't understand why the American
>public tolerates it.

For me this is a no-brainer. There are plenty of foods that
are not on the list of suspect products. Fresh fruit/vegetables,
wild-caught fish (salmon season has just started here), tofu, beans,
whole grains, breads made from whole grains without gluten or other
protein additives. Lots and lots of others.

So why eat any of the suspect foods until this thing is nailed down
and the problem is firmly in the past?

Steve