Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
Sonoran Dude Sonoran Dude is offline

Default The taco stand inspired McDonalds

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataburger

> they opened aroud the same time but in the other side of the country.
>
> Saludos!

Whataburger is an icon here in Arizona. Back in the day they out
numbered McDonalds. Whataburger prides itself on 100% American Beef and
I think it makes a big difference. I sure it's more like 90% Texas Beef
and probably some other beef to feed the California consumers.
Jalapeno peppers have been on the menu since I can remember. They also
have not caved in to the myth that American consumers prefer the new
plastic coated french fries that most major chains have adopted to cut
down on food shrink.