Posted to alt.food.asian
Rona Y Rona Y is offline

Default fish sauce (again)

On May 4, 4:20 am, "Joel" > wrote:
> As I posted b4, the salt content in the fish sauces you mention are highly
> loaded with salt....less than 1 T furnishes all the sodium you need for one
> or more days. Tiparo make a fish sauce that has more than enough salt but
> still 1/2 the amout of the rest so look for this special preparation...We
> have to consider are we equating good tast with sodium overload or not?????
> perhaps we should deverlop our taste to the extent that we can define
> exactly what we are really experiencing when we judge one product over the
> the other

Used properly, one would never ever use 1T of fish sauce for one
serving of food. If I'm using fish sauce as a condiment, I don't put
any more than a few drops on my food.

Perhaps we have to develop our minds enough to judge just how much
fish sauce we're actually using (per serving), then determine if we
even have sodium overload.