Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Rick F. Rick F. is offline

Default Wood or lump?

On 2007-05-03, ceed > wrote:

> I have a big pile of small pecan logs and on of hickory. I also have a
> few bags of lump. No briquettes though. Haven't been using those for
> years. Are there quality difference between those these days, or could I
> just pick up generic Wal-Mart and be happy?

If you go to Walmart -- depending on where you live (what part of the country)
you can get nice bags of Royal Oak (RO for short) for $5.27 (10lb bags).. I
just bought 5 the other day (in the LA area) and could have bought another
30-40+ more since they had another pallet of them.. Anyway, that's my main
hot-n-fast wood.. I've got other wood I also use for other things too..