Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melondy Melondy is offline

Default Pancake Recipe

CND wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm new in the group and I have some questions that perhaps someone
> can answer. I found a pancake recipe that resembles the taste of my
> favorite US commercial pancake mix: "Pillsbury's Hungry Jack". I
> don't remember exactly where I got it from, but this is it:
>
> Thanks for any advice,
>
> César,
> Denia, Spain

My husband makes fabulous pancakes. He swears by using buttermilk.

His recipe:
1 Cup all-purpose flour (not whole wheat)
3/4 tsp. baking soda (no more or the pancakes will have a bitter taste)
1 tsp. baking powder
pinch of salt

Mix these well and add:
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1 egg

Gently mix these together, only 6-8 turns of a spoon. No more. Yes,
there will be some lumps but that's okay. Cook on a hot griddle. Turn
when they bubble on top side and get brown on the bottom.