Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Mike Avery Mike Avery is offline

Default Sunset magazine sourdough cookbook Bagel recipie

Terri wrote:
> Great! Would I put in 30 grams of the barley malt syrup, same weight as the
> powder, or would I need to add more, and would that increase the liquid in
> the dough enough to change the recipe?

Hard to say. Usually I just interchange them. However, bagel dough
shouldn't get too wet. So, I'd use the 30 grams of syrup and cut the
water by about 15 grams. The amount of the malt isn't all that critical.

Mike

--
Mike Avery mavery at mail dot otherwhen dot com
part time baker ICQ 16241692

A Randomly Selected Thought For The Day:
If you cannot convince them, confuse them.